Business & Strategies in Europe S.A. (B&S Europe), a Brussels based consultancy firm with twenty years of experience in providing capacity building services, ensuring “Support to the implementation of the European Union High Level Advisers' Mission 2019-2021”, seeks to receive expressions of interest by qualified professionals for filling five (5) positions of
Assistants (male/female) of the EU High Level Advisers
- on Anti-Money Laundering;
- on Customs and Tax Policy (Domestic Revenue Mobilisation);
- on Energy;
- on Confidence Building Measures;
- to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and General Police Inspectorate.
: The EU High Level Advisers to Moldova are high level experts who provide policy advice in key sectors of the country’s EU-related reform agenda. For the efficient implementation of their tasks, each High Level Adviser (HLA) is supported by an HLA Assistant, who plays the role of personal assistant and language assistant. The duration of his/her assignment is paired with that of the relevant Adviser (indicatively 220 working days per year).
• Office management and administrative assistance to the HLA, including daily organisation of the office;
• Drafting of minutes of meetings and other written materials in English, Romanian and/or Russian languages;
• Assistance to the HLA in monitoring and reporting tasks, in the framework of the assessment of progress made in the respective sector;
• Logistical support;
• Provision of language assistance, including translation and interpretation (English/Romanian/Russian and vice versa).
Qualifications and skills:
• University Degree or professional experience of 5 years in the fields of Anti-Money Laundering; Customs and Taxation – Domestic Revenue Mobilisation; Reform of Judiciary including Prosecution; Energy; Internal Affairs and Police; Confidence Building Measures respectively;
• Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills;
• Computer literacy;
• Excellent written and spoken English; Proven report writing skills;
• Fluency in Romanian and Russian languages;
• Flexible working approach and ability to plan and prioritise a continually changing schedule.
• At least 600 working days of professional experience relevant to the position of HLA Assistant as described above; additional professional experience as interpreter will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of the EU policy framework in the above mentioned fields;
• Working experience in international organisations/projects or in the private sector in related subject matters.
Applicants must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Civil servants and other staff of the public administration of the beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts.
Applications, including CV and cover letter, specifying in the subject line the position applied for
, shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is August 5th, 2019, cob
. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.